Certified ScrumMaster® is a registered trade mark of the Scrum Alliance®. The Scrum Alliance offers this designation to those people who have completed the required ‘Certified ScrumMaster’ training course and passed the required CSM exam. On September 1, 2012, the CSM exam changed to a pass/fail format.
CSM Exam Logistics
- Currently, the exam is 35 questions. Expect to spend less than one hour taking the exam. You do not need to complete the exam at the first sitting. You may pause the exam at any time and complete it at a later date within the 90 day window. You may use the Scrum Study Guide to assist you during the exam.
- Your exam will be graded immediately upon completion. Students who pass the exam will receive a list of questions answered incorrectly, along with the correct answers. Students who pass the exam will not be allowed to re-take it.
- Students who do not pass the exam will be given the questions answered incorrectly; however, they will not receive the correct answers. The expectation is that they will use the Scrum Study Guide to research those questions in preparation for taking the exam again.
- Students who did not pass the first time are offered a second chance to take the CSM exam at no additional cost (as long as it is within the 90 day window); however each subsequent attempt will cost $25.
- Once you pass the exam, you will be able to print your certificate. The certificate is granted to you and can be printed from your new Scrum Alliance account. Included with this course is a 2 year Scrum Alliance membership.
Sign up for a Certified ScrumMaster Training course near you!
We are here to help you. You are welcome to email your missed questions to our partner, 3Back, at firstname.lastname@example.org, for further follow up.